Reduced Registration Fees for Speakers
Due to severe budget constraints this year, all speakers and moderators will be required to register and pay a significantly reduced fee to participate in the conference.
- Speakers wishing to attend only on the day they are presenting will pay a $95 speaker rate (the early-bird one-day rate for participants is $195).
- Speakers wishing to attend one or more additional days of the conference will pay a $225 speaker rate (the early-bird full conference rates for participants range from $395-$445)
LGC will provide the necessary registration access codes directly to each confirmed speaker in October 2017. Speakers MUST use the links that we provide them to register for the conference.
Speaker Travel Assistance
Due to severe budget constraints this year, LGC has a very limited speaker travel budget for this event, most speakers will not be offered travel assistance to participate in the conference. In an effort to assist as many speakers as possible who truly need assistance, we negotiate travel assistance on a case-by-case basis. We start with some basic principles, described below:
- We do not pay any speaking fees or honoraria.
- As a general rule, speakers representing small nonprofits, grassroots and community organizations, and local governments are given priority in allocating our limited travel funds.
- We ask speakers to determine what costs they can cover on their own before asking for any assistance. In nearly all cases, we cannot cover all travel expenses for any one speaker. If assistance is needed and funds are available, we will offer to split the cost of major travel expenses like airfare and hotel, or cover one or the other.
- We do not cover hotel expenses for speakers who do not need an overnight stay to give their presentation, or additional travel expenses associated with a speaker choosing to stay for the full conference.
We do not provide travel assistance to more than one speaker from the same organization/agency speaking in the same session.